Re: [Evolution] account passwords query/suggestion

On Thu, 2002-07-04 at 04:54, dan hensley attbi com wrote:

On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 09:32, danny wrote:
On Wed, 2002-07-03 at 07:29, Not Zed wrote:

It might have been partially fixed, I *think* we only re-ask for
passwords if the error was a password failure, not sure.

Is a password failure a common error? Seems to happen to me a fair
bit...

It has never once happened to me..

Yeah well, you're on a lan and the mail server doesn't go down much.

Oh, and you use IMAP anyway .... :)

It happens(ed) to me fairly frequently.  Although now I don't see the errors, since I'm using getmail and
Courier IMAP for a local server.  I was pretty annoyed at having to re-enter passwords in Evo every time my
POP account was blocked for maintenance (or some error like that) though.  I guess it all depends on your
ISP.

Like I said, I think the 1.1 code treats password failure differently,
then again i'm not sure, its not always easy to tell with pop.  I find
the behaviour pretty annoying too.  One problem is that an isp might
leave the port open, so we can successfully connect, and then just give
us a 'bad password error - we're busy' response, which we can't parse
any other way as 'bad password', and ask for another one.

PS dan is an example of someone who uses a mailer that doesn't provide
information for message threading ... :)