Re: [Evolution] Affecting Evolution from the outside

I'm using 'fetchmail' independently of evolution to feed
/var/spool/mail/<username>. You can automatically start and stop
fetchmail using your ppp up/down scripts. I would think that at that
point, evolution could browse your local mail file with no difficulty.
Fetchmail is pretty simple to set up.

Hmmm... Well, this seems to solve half of the problem. The other half is
that when I've wrote a mail and press the send button I want the mail to
be sent at once if my Internet connection is active and otherwise be put
in the outgoing folder. The only way to achieve this seems to be by
using the Evo online/offline state.

I think the ultimate behaviour would be like this: When I push send on a
mail it would try to send it at once using my smtp server and if that
fails just silently put it in my outgoing folder instead. The same would
be nice for getting mail: Every tenth minute (or whatever I set in my
settings) when Evolution checks my pop3 account, then if it can't reach
it (which would probobly be because I'm not connected to Internet) it
would just silently let it be. Maybe a setting for this?

I would fix it myself if only I had the time...

/Daniel