Re: [Evolution] Public - Free/Busy URLs in Contact entry

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 08:10, Martin C. Messer wrote:
On Mon, 2002-01-21 at 19:29, JP Rosevear wrote:
If this is all it takes to publish Free/Busy time, I assume the same can
be done with an entire calendar. However, I don't see an Action to
export the calendar to a file. Am I missing something.

Free busy information doesn't work quite that way, its an overview of
the event information stored in iCalendar format.

Thanks JP. So exporting a whole calendar to a file is not possible? What
exactly is supposed to go into the Public Calendar URL on a Contact's
entry?

A pointer to an iCalendar free/busy information file

Well the file ~/evolution/local/Calendar/calendar.ics is already in
iCalendar format.  But it does not contain the free/busy information,
which is a synopsis of the information in said file.

The goal is to have better publishing of free/busy information (ie, to a
web server like) in future releases.

-JP
JP Rosevear                             jpr ximian com
Ximian Inc.                             http://www.ximian.com