[Evolution] Red carpet frustrations

Sorry guys, but I just gotta vent a bit. Red Carpet is a nice idea and
all, but it is REALLY starting to get on my nerves! I can't remember a
SINGLE time when it actually did an update/installation without some
incomprehensible message. Error messages seem to have been taken from
the Microsoft Error Message Manual :-)

I understand that SuSE 7.3 is not supported, yet. But 7.2 won't work
either (and the hack of editing /etc/SuSE-release to reflect 7.2 ain't
working anymore). So I can't get Evolution 1.0.1 installed.

I read the Knowledge Base on how to fix the dependency on libiconv2,
which I did, but now whenever I try to download ANY updates, I get:

"Red Carpet has encountered an error while trying to process your
request:

An error has occurred while Red Carpet was processing the dependencies
for this transaction. This may be caused by an error in the package or
on the server. You may want to try the transaction again with fewer
packages. You should report this problem to red-carpet ximian com as
soon as possible. Please include distribution information and the set of
packages for this transaction.

Information from the dependency system:
Remove/install sanity check failed.
Possible actions:
Click Cancel to cancel."

Lovely. My only possible action is to click 'Cancel'. No information on
what actually failed, why, or how I might go about fixing it.

Don't get me wrong, I love Evolution, and Ximian GNOME in general. Just
that Red Carpet seems to have trouble with them both...

Any ideas?

dg (thanks for letting me vent!)
"It works on the same principle as electroshock therapy."
                -Calvin
auto-generated by the Calvinator(TM)