[Evolution] syncing with Plm Vx

I originally filed this as a bug report, but thought I would resend it
to the list to get some tips.

Steps to reproduce the problem:
1. configure evolution conduits in gnomecc ro 'synchronize'
2. Enter data into Palm Vx
3. click hotsync button on palm

Actual Results:
Inclomplete sync in evolution (palm seems to get new info in evolution,
but evolution doesn't pick up everything in palm)

Expected Results:
Complete sync

How often does this happen?
almost everytime

Additional Information:
This is a freshly installed redhat 7.2 with a full ximian desktop
upgrade through red-carpet on a brand new dell inspiron 4100 laptop. I
have a client who has a Palm Vx (PalmOS 3.51, serial cradle) and has
approx 250 contacts, 250 calendar entries and 40 tasks.  Many have notes
attached to them.  I have tried various things to get evolution and the
palm to synchronize, but have had only intermittent success.  Here is
how I setup the palm:

1.  Adjusted the conduit settings to synchronize only address, databook
and todo items

2. adjusted the speed to 38400 (but 9600 does not help either) In
gnome-pilot, only the 3 evolution conduits are enabled. Initially they
were all set to 'copy from pilot', and that seemed to work.  I then
changed the conduit settings to synchronize and added a few entries,
restarted the hotsync daemon via the hotsync applet, and then pressed
the hotsync button.

This appeared to work and so I thought everything was ok.  I sent the
laptop to the client and immediately he had problems with incomplete
synchronizations.  He did not change any settings.  I do not have any
experience with palm pilots, and thought I set everything up correctly.
Please instruct me if I need to try other things first, or there are
palm settings that I am unaware of. I can say that jpilot works fine, so
it appears to be a problem with the evolution conduits.  Before doing
anything with jpilot, I of course paused gpilotd, so as not to confuse
the gpilotd.

I did run gpilotd from the command line, and got a 'Wrong packet' error,
so I removed the pilot from the cradle, restarted gpilotd through the
applet, then put the pilot in the cradle and sync'd.  This worked for
me.  As I said though, once I gave the laptop to the client, he started
having difficulties. I think evolution is an outstanding product and
sold my client on using linux largely because of the security of
evolution over outlook.  However, I really need to get this issue
resolved.  Any help is GREATLY appreciated. :-)

James Strandboge
--
Email:        jstrand1 rochester rr com
GPG/PGP ID:   26384A3A