Re: [Evolution] Euro =?windows-1251?Q?=28=88=29?= support in 1.0

On Sat, 2002-01-05 at 00:17, Janus Christensen wrote:
Here are my observations with Evo 1.0 on a RedHat 7.2 with a 2.4.17
kernel:

Same versins for me...

* It works in the To: and Cc: fields.

I can confirm this.

* Sometimes it works in the Subject: field sometimes not - an 'e'
character is typed instead. This seems related to AltGr not working some
of the time (in Evolution and the subject only), so if I want to type a
'[' character in the subject I get an '8' because AltGr + 8 is the
key-combo for '['.

I can not confirm that there is a problem with AltGr, but if there is,
it may be unrelated to the Euro problem as you stated

* I cannot type a Euro sign in the body at all.

Thats my problem, too. I always get a strange looking symbol instead of
the euro symbol. It seems to be a font problem. The euro appears right
in the viewer, by the way whe I read some of the messages in this thread
that have an euro sign in the body.

This ->¤<- is the euro sign. (I suppose it will be visible all right for
the recipients, but while I am in the compose window I can't see it just
a funny symbol looking like a circle with 4 spikes into the corners)