Re: [Evolution] Reading threads

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 19:53, Lonnie Borntreger wrote:

From what I'm inferring from reading this message, the key issue is not
to find a key that deletes and moves up or down, but that the definition
of what the "previous" and "next" message to move to (for the "p" and
"n") or the "next" (for the delete action) does not match what this user
is expecting.  The originator of the thread wants it to visually match
the sort type, not always fixed to "up" or "down" in the message list.

Yes, I realized that.  I was, however, showing how a different mailer
did it, ignoring the sorted issue.

So... the comment was that sorted by date follows the date field, in the
direction of the sort.  If newest is at the top, then "next" is "up" not
"down".

For what it's worth, I agree with you, as do many developers of other
email clients.

What do you think it should do when the sort is not by the date fields,
but rather sorted by one of the other fields?

rob