Re: [Evolution] Reading threads

From what I'm inferring from reading this message, the key issue is not
to find a key that deletes and moves up or down, but that the definition
of what the "previous" and "next" message to move to (for the "p" and
"n") or the "next" (for the delete action) does not match what this user
is expecting.  The originator of the thread wants it to visually match
the sort type, not always fixed to "up" or "down" in the message list.

So... the comment was that sorted by date follows the date field, in the
direction of the sort.  If newest is at the top, then "next" is "up" not
"down".

Now that is entirely a design decision - not a bug necessarily, unless
it is not currently doing what the authors wanted (but users can still
provide feedback - as this thread has).

Advice to the originator of the thread (I've deleted the original
message, so I don't remember who): Open an item in bugzilla to note this
as the desired way of stepping through messages for sorting on date,
mark it as "wish list", and let the Ximian developers accept or reject
it as a new way of doing things.

For what it's worth, I agree with you, as do many developers of other
email clients.

On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 18:11, Rob Walker wrote:
    On Sun, 2002-02-24 at 13:55, Ralph Sanford wrote:

    > Is it possible to sort the messages with the newest messages on top and
    > then be able to read upwards PLUS deleting the read messages.
    >
    > The only potential keyboard shortcut I have found for this is ctrl-d;
    > but this only works in the downward direction and I would rather have
    > the option to do this upwards.

    As an example of how VM does this (I am trying to convert right now, so
    I will be full of "how VM does it" stuff) is to use d to delete, and C-d
    is delete-backward.

    I realize that C-d deletes forward, but is d in use anywhere as a
    hotkey?

--
TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger