Re: [Evolution] Configuration Database not found

On Wed, 2002-02-20 at 04:17, JP Rosevear wrote:

update evolution, gconf, oafd, bonobo, etc.  The worst part of it all is
that I'm trying to get my wife to use our Linux box, but she can't even
check her email without running oaf-slay.  She asks "why can't it just
work?".

I had the same problem (the wife and the evo problem).

I solved it by placing oaf-slay in the gdm postsesion script (basically
doing an oaf-slay and run evo via a script that does killev first.

But I have to say that I seldom see teh database problem pop up any
more, and even when it does evo still runs fine, I no longer do the
above.

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss