[Evolution] Configuration Database not found

I have been getting this error for months, and I simply cannot figure it
out.  I've read all the archives and tried everything suggested.  I've
read the threads on the appropriate bug entries.  Nothing has helped.

Basically, every time I want to use Evolution I have to run oaf-slay
beforehand, else I get the dreaded "configuration database not found"
error.  This really is quite a showstopper.  I _want_ to use Evolution.
I really do... but this bug just won't go away, no matter how often I
update evolution, gconf, oafd, bonobo, etc.  The worst part of it all is
that I'm trying to get my wife to use our Linux box, but she can't even
check her email without running oaf-slay.  She asks "why can't it just
work?".  How pathetic!

Is anyone else _still_ experiencing this?  Is all hope lost?

--
Michael J. Sherman
http://www.stealthboy.com/