[Evolution] Outlook can't read iCal from Evo, or "Why does Outlook suck so hard?!"

Sorry...  I'm having a bad Microsoft day.  We use Evolution in our
office, and have since 0.13.  Since 1.01 came out (including 1.02), our
(single holdout) Outlook user in the office is no longer able to view
iCal items sent from Evolution.  The message shows up with "Event
Information" in the body, and that's it.  I've tried with Outlook 2000
on different machines (making sure something wasn't broken on my wife's
computer), same issue.

I've disabled any virus stuff (thinking a stoopid virus scanning prg
might be stripping attachments), checked her mail using Pine (iCal is
arriving just fine).  I think it's something in the MIME encoding that
Outlook is choking on (boundary or something?!).  I've even set it to
send plain text only (thinking HTML formatting could be getting in the
way).  All for naught.

Evo users can receive Outlook iCal items fine, and we receive each
others' iCal items fine- just items sent from Evo to Outlook don't work.

I grepped the archives but didn't see any hits- anyone else seeing
behaviour like this?  Any ideas (other than canning LookOut)?

System info:
Busted system: Outlook 2000 on Win98(not SE) using POP3 ('cause
Outlook's IMAP support blows) into RH7.0 server.
Working systems (coincidence?  I think not...8^): Mandrake 8.0/8.1, Evo
1.0.1/ 1.0.2, IMAP into RH7 server.

We were so happy...

Thanks as always!
Rubin