[Evolution] Unmatched Vfolder

I am having trouble with Vfolders. I understood that Unmatched Vfolder
would, by default, hold all messages that did not fit into other
Vfolders.

When I first started Evolution (first set up email accounts etc), I
received messaged in my inbox, but none went to my Unmatched folder.  I
thought perhaps for this feature to activate I needed rules and
additional Vfolders.  I know have a variety of Vfolders and each seems
to work fine.  The all catch messages according to their rules.

However, during all of this Unmatched has not ever caught a single
message.  I still have messages appear in inbox that don't match any
Vfolder and don't go into Unmatched Vfolder.

Is this normal?  Any ideas for fixing it?

Michaell