Re: [Evolution] IMAP question.

On Thu, 2002-02-07 at 08:48, Daniel Persson wrote:
Hi all,

I have just installed our new mailsolution consisting of Postfix and Cyrus
Imap.

Of course we want to use Evolution as our mailclient.

I tried with the standard UW-imapd at first but when switching to
"offline" Evolution crashed.(I have reported this to bugzilla)
Now i have switched to Cyrus and will continue to use that.

However, the Evolution bug persists, Evolution
crashed when connected to the IMAP server and choosing offline.
(Using SSL enabled IMAP)

I have tried this from three different workstations to be certian that
this is a bug.

We are all using Redhat 7.2, Ximian Gnome and the latest RedCarpet version
of Evolution (1.02).

But, i guess that will be solved.

This is already fixed in HEAD and the 1-0 branch (so 1.0.3 will contain
a fix for this).

However, my question are, in the offline mode, doses Evolution syncronize
the whole mail + attachemnts or just the headers ?

It syncs the whole message for all messages in INBOX (only).
Currently, to cache messages in other folders you must actually click on
them and let them download. In some future version, we will allow more
configuration options reguarding disconnected imap operation.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.