Re: [Evolution] Example of accessing wombat from script available ?

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 17:44, Dan Winship wrote:
On Sun, 2002-02-03 at 18:06, Nicholas Piper wrote:
I'm looking for an example of how to access calendar/contacts/todo
details from a python (or perl) script. I know this has to be via
corba/bonobo, but apart from that I'm pretty lost.

I've had a look at the Evo .oaf files, but have little clue how to
continue. I've installed bonobo-python ready.

I'm not sure that anyone who understands the Evolution corba interfaces
is also familiar with the Python/Perl corba bindings. :-}

The basic thing to understand is that most of the interfaces are
asynchronous. The client has to create "listener" objects that listen
for responses from the backend. So something like:

    factory = [Get the GNOME:Addressbook:BookFactory object from oaf]
    listener = [Create your own GNOME:Addressbook:BookListener object]
    factory.openBook ("file:/.../addressbook.db", listener);

Then your listener object's "notifyBookOpened" method will be called at
some point and given a GNOME:Addressbook:Book object. And you can invoke
the getVCard method on that, which will eventually cause your listener's
notifyCardRequested method to be called with the card data.

I have a question somewhat related to this, so I'm tagging along on the
thread...

how do I create and access a composer object through CORBA?

I can get the shell by the python script:

#!/usr/bin/env python

import bonobo
import Bonobo
from GNOME import Evolution

shell = bonobo.get_object("OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Shell",
                          "IDL:GNOME/Evolution/Shell:1.0")

and from there I can fire up a composer though the handleURI method in
the shell interface:

shell.handleURI("mailto:foo bar baz xx")

but handleURI returns void, so I don't get access to the composer
object, and so I cannot access it through the composer interface. How do
I actually _get_ a reference to a composer?

        /mailund