[Evolution] addressbook

After having problems with my address book, I tried changing
home/me/evolution to home/me/evolution_removed and shutdown, ran killev,
restarted it and got a new evolution folder.

I still have problems with the address book crashing (RH 8.0 upgraded
evo to 2.1) though.

Could this be a bug, or is evolution somehow finding the removed folders
and screwed up (thank probably to me) address book.

By the way, there wasn't anything in the addressbook when I started and
I have no idea whether it was really working in the first place.

A primary cause is trying to add an address from a recieved message.
Adding by myself seems to work in the new folder but it still crashes
often.

Shawn

PS  I can tell I will like the product.  The filters and folders
especially work well which is my main concern

cheers();

Also,  I tried to import some addresses from outlook via the directions
you had listed but it didn't work and goofed up my address book.  I
(being not so clever) tried to just copy an address book from another
user by renaming somethings and to make it short -- now my adress book
crashes all the time.  How can I reinstall evolution or otherwise get
the address book functioning again?

I don't know exactly, but that really sounds like a data problem.

Before changing files by hand, always do a backup of them. Learning by
failure. Or being paranoid. ;-)

As this sounds like a data problem and you didn't change anything of
Evolution installation, just kick the address book files (all of, them,
after backup!) and start from scratch.

I dont see any point, why you should reinstall Evolution or components
of them.

...guenther
--
shawn <kcat koyuru com>