[Evolution] sjis / addressbook

I get e-mail in Japanese but can't read them using encoding=sjis.  I
noticed that if I boot linux into Japanese it works.  Unfortunately I
need to work in English except for those messages.

Also,  I tried to import some addresses from outlook via the directions
you had listed but it didn't work and goofed up my address book.  I
(being not so clever) tried to just copy an address book from another
user by renaming somethings and to make it short -- now my adress book
crashes all the time.  How can I reinstall evolution or otherwise get
the address book functioning again?

Any ideas?

--
shawn <kcat koyuru com>