Re: [Evolution] Problems with Evolution

On Sun, 2002-12-22 at 15:33, Jaroslaw Nozderko wrote:
OS:        RedHat 7.3
Evolution: 1.2.1

Hi,

 evolution is really great and I hope to
migrate completely some day, but now I have several
problems.

I've used several versions, recently 1.2.0
and now I've updated to 1.2.1 (through the
Red Carpet). All the time, with all versions,
I have the following problems:

- calendar alarms simply don't work - reminder dialogs
  appear at various moments of time (usually after evo
  startup), but never on scheduled time :(

IIRC, there's a fair amount of work being done on the alarms currently.

- sometimes Evolution cannot start, process
  is visible, but there is no GUI. I have to
  use 'oaf-slay' and application starts after that,

I'm not sure when you upgraded to 1.2.1, but it fixes some of these
issues.

After installing 1.2.1 new I noticed new problem:

- I have several mail accounts and when I check them using
  "send/receive" password dialogs are too narrow - it
  may sound like a joke but this is serious - I don't
  see the whole account name and it's not obvious which
  password should be used,

I haven't seen this.  If you're saving passwords, you may want to try
disabling all but one email account.  Then it's unambiguous which one
you're being prompted for.  Repeat as necessary with the other accounts,
and you'll get them all eventually.  Granted, if you don't want to save
passwords, this isn't going to work well.

Does anyone else have such problems ?

And finally just a question: are there any plans to implement
S/MIME in some future version of evo ?

It's a surprisingly large task, but it's definitely one we have in mind.

-Mark Gordon