Re: [Evolution] spamassassin filter question

On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 15:44, Cliff Wells wrote:
On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 12:19, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
On Fri, 2002-12-20 at 13:42, Cliff Wells wrote:

I could never get 'spamassassin -e' to work, but 'spamc -c' works fine.

I can't seem to get either to work, although it seems to be writing to
/var/spool/mail/arthur but not to my evolution mbox.

Is spamd running?  spamc is just a front-end for talking to the spamd
service.

Well first I tried spamassassin -e because you don't need spamd.  Then I
tried spamc -c, and did not work.  Found out that spamd was not running
because the init script called gprintf which is not on my system, so the
script was choking.  Changed the gprintf to printf and ran the script
manually, and spamd started.  Then spamc -c was working.  Now, I
rebooted, and it looks like spamd loads successfully with init.d.
Hopefully everything works now.

--
Arthur S. Alexion <arthur alexion com>
Arthur S. Alexion LLC