[Evolution] Evolution, LDAP, etc. - rehashed

I'm running an OpenLDAP service (2.0.25) on a FreeBSD 4.7 server, and
connecting to it with Evolution 1.2.0 on a Linux workstation
(Debian/unstable).  I've added Evolution's schema to slapd.conf on the
server:

  include /usr/local/etc/openldap/schema/evolutionperson.schema

and can use Evolution's LDAP features to search the database, edit
entries, etc. - except for the "Categories" field in the add "Contact
Editor", which is always greyed out.  Is that field currently supported
in LDAP entries in Evolution?  If so, any hints on how I could enable
it?

I've successfully used the "gq" GUI LDAP client to edit a sample entry,
add an "evolutionPerson" objectClass, and add a "category" field with a
value of "Birthday".  However, Evolution doesn't show anything when
viewing that LDAP record except for an empty, grey box.

On a related note, does Evolution now (or will it soon) support
drag-and-drop copying of entries from the local "Contacts" folder to an
LDAP server?
--
Kirk Strauser <kirk strauser com>