Re: [Evolution] Reply-To Question

Gregory Leblanc (gleblanc linuxweasel com) had this to say on 12/20/02 at 20:00:

Doing this means that you have to have some way of replying -other- than
hitting the 'reply' button, in case you want to just send mail to the
original sender.  Furthermore, the existing code to make 'reply-to-list'

I would think that 90+% of the time, you want a public response to a public
post, rather than a private reply (after all, it's a public mailing list). Why not
play the odds?
.
- reply to all means original poster gets two copies.  Why?

It doesn't.  I think you're missing out on some common use-cases.  There
are many mailing lists out there which do not require you to be a member
of the list before posting.  That is to say, reply-to-all only results
in the sender getting two copies of the mail if they're not on the
list.  Removing the sender on 'reply-to-all' is a BAD idea.

Usually, that is not correct. The original poster gets 2 copies - one direct
to him from you; one from the list. Many's the time I've gotten 2 replies to
my Evolution list posts.

Member, LEAF Project <http://leaf.sourceforge.net>    AIM: MikeLeone
Public Key - <http://www.mike-leone.com/~turgon/turgon-public-key.asc>
Registered Linux user# 201348