Re: [Evolution] spamassassin filter question

Arthur:
  The "pipe to shell command" option doesn't parse the arguments or option flags (i.e. "spamassasin -f") which you would need to use. That's why I suggested the shell script.

If you have good results without using the shell script, let me know; I didn't have any luck with it, though.

Yours,
Aaron Weber
Ximian, Inc.

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 08:25, Arthur S. Alexion wrote:
On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 07:36, Nicolas ROBAUX wrote:
> Le jeu 19/12/2002 à 12:59, evolution-admin ximian com a écrit :
>
> > I tried emulating that with evolution's filters but got lost.  Does
> > anyone have instructions for accomplishing this with evolution's
> > filters?
> >

> Hi ! I just found this link, looking for the same question yesterday !
> :-)
>
> http://support.ximian.com/cgi-bin/ximian.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_sid=DeOp-7xg&p_lva=&p_faqid=329&p_created=1039628948&p_sp=cF9ncmlkc29ydD0mcF9yb3dfY250PTEmcF9zZWFyY2hfdGV4dD1zcGFtJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9NCZwX3Byb2RfbHZsMT0yJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPX5hbnl_JnBfY2F0X2x2bDE9fmFueX4mcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9wYWdlPTE*&p_li=

Thanks to Nicolas ROBAUX & Mertens Bram for their help.

While the suggestions were similar, Mertens suggested that I enter the
shell command with the parameter directly into the filter, while the
Ximiam instructions suggest using a shell script to run the message
through Spamassassin and to point the filter to the shell script.

Do both ways work?

If so, is there any reason to use the shell script method instead?

Thanks, again.