Re: [Evolution] Visor - Address Synchronization - 1.2.1

Visor Pro - USB
Mandrake 8.2
Evolution 1.2.1

evolution-pilot 1.2.1-1.ximian.2
gnome-pilot 0.1.70-1.ximian.1
gnome-pilot-applet 0.1.70-1.ximian.1
pilot-link 1:0.11.5-7.ximian.1
Kernel version
2.4.18-6mdk #1 Fri Mar 15 02:59:08 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Printout from pilot-xfer below

The only conduit not synchronizing is addresses.  The gpilotd gives the
error when I try to run gpilotd in the command line.  It appears that if
I run gpilotd in the command line, before hotsyncing, that the hotsync
will not function.  If I hotsync first, then type gpilotd, the command
replies that gpilotd is already running.

Lastly, how do I transfer files from the computer to the Visor using
Evolution?

Thanks,
WP

# pilot-xfer -p /dev/usb/tts/1 --list

   Listening to port: /dev/usb/tts/1

   Please press the HotSync button now... Connected

Reading list of databases in RAM...
AvGoPref
AvGoVersion
AvGoChanMQ
Datebk3HDB
AddressDB
DatebookDB
LauncherDB
MailDB
MemoDB
ConnectionDB
NetworkDB
ToDoDB
AvGoDocsMQ
AvGoMUrlMQ
World Information
Month Information
U.S. Presidents
Academy Awards - Best Pictures
AvGoNtShMQ
AvGoTimeMQ
AvantGo
MobileLink
MobileDB Lt
Graffiti
AddressCitiesDB
AddressCompaniesDB
AddressCountriesDB

Other things that might be useful:
gnome-pilot version
pilot-link version
kernel version

Memo - Don't know where to find it in Evolution

Evolution doesn't support it.

I tried to run gpilotd from the terminal, but when I do, gpilotd will
not find the Visor.  I tried starting gpilotd before, during and after
pressing the hotsync button, and either the synchronization would start
before gpilotd, or I would get the message below, and no
synchronization.

[root localhost MyPilot]# gpilotd
gpilotd-Message: gnome-pilot 0.1.70 starting...
gpilotd-Message: compiled for pilot-link version 0.11.5
gpilotd-Message: compiled with [VFS] [USB] [IrDA] [Network]

gpilotd-WARNING **: Number of devices is configured to 0

gpilotd-WARNING **: No accessible devices available

gpilotd-WARNING **: Number of pilots is configured to 0
gpilotd-Message: Activating CORBA server
gpilotd-Message: Exiting (caught SIGINT)...

Thanks,
WP

Doesn't sound good.  Does pilot-xfer work?