Re: [Evolution] Outlook does not like .asc signature

On ds, 2002-12-14 at 20:54, Ed Weinberg wrote:
[...]
Unfortunatley when one mail program is used by so many people, bugs
become features.  This week, we can't fight this.  That means that we
either need to use tools that that can inter-operate with those bugs or
not participate on the Internet.

There is no reason that a PGP signature needs to be sent as an
attachment.  Evolution has got to be changed to add a code block at the
end of the message.

Hi,

I'm merely a happy evolution user but I'd like to express my opinion on
this subject.

I believe using PGP/MIME is superior to inline signature for the
following reasons:
        * attachments are signed/encrypted
        * the email is cleaner (specially when quoting emails which were
signed...)
        * you can use non-ascii characters in text

Drawbacks:
        * There are programs that don't support it yet (which is a thing that
it's changing now...) and it's annoying for people using them to open
the attachment.
        * In mailing lists archives using www you often lose the signatures...

That Outlook thing is just a bug in Outlook. You can workaround that
using a PGP relay software (which works between your server and your
email client and can encrypt/sign and decrypt/verify your email if your
email client doesn't support gpg/pgp). The link:

http://sites.inka.de/tesla/gpgrelay.html

BTW, are you sure there isn't any way to disable that behaviour
(deleting attachments) in Outlook? It's seems a very agressive (not to
say silly) thing to do!

Regards,

--
Josep Monés i Teixidor <jmones myrealbox com>
Clau GnuPG: http://www.arrakis.es/~jmones/gpg/jmones_myrealbox_com.asc