RE: [Evolution] Status=R in mbox

On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 21:48, Alexandre Aractingi wrote:
Yeah it uses X-Evolution header.  But you can't really
create your own, because it also requires the UID to be
set properly.
How do they get into the Sent folder?

pilot-mailsync just appends the mail in text format at the end of
~/evolution/local/Sent/mbox:

      From alex ROISSY Fri Dec 13 18:29:11 2002 +0100
      From: Alexandre Aractingi <aaractingi libertysurf fr>
      To: aaractingi libertysurf fr
      Subject: Test
      Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 18:29:11 +0100 (CET)

      This is the body

So it won't be possible to get a UID for pilot-mailsync to use it? And what
if pilot-mailsync creates a X-Evolution header of its own?

It could but is has to be careful that it doesn't create duplicates.
(on the other hand, they just get fixed anyway so it might not be bad).

The header (in this case) is just an 8 digit hexadeximal uid, plus 4
digit hexadecimal flags field.  I think 'seen' is bit 4 from memory.
(i.e. 0x0010).

(anyway, the sending works very nice, and the mails get copied in the Sent
folder, which is what I need, so I'm happy, even if it shows as 'unread'
:-))
Thanks,
Alex

BTW you shouldn't really be copying directly to sent mailbox, not
without locking anyway.  What you might want to consider is spooling the
files to a separate mailbox, and using that in evolution as a source
account for 'get mail', with a filter to copy it to sent.  Well, either
that, or make pilot-mailsync properly lock the mailbox (if it doesn't?).