Re: [Evolution] Outlook does not like .asc signature

On Sat, 2002-12-14 at 14:54, Ed Weinberg wrote:
I've ceased sending signed messages to mailing lists because of all the
complaints from Outlook users... it always amazes me that so many
otherwise highly intelligent people insist on using broken tools :(

Unfortunatley when one mail program is used by so many people, bugs
become features.  This week, we can't fight this.  That means that we
either need to use tools that that can inter-operate with those bugs or
not participate on the Internet.

I have to disagree. It is still far better to conform to the standards.
Lets also remember that Outlook Express deletes *all* messages with
*any* attachment, so the problem is not limited to pgp signatures.

How would you have us send attachments if we cannot use MIME? I hope you
wouldn't suggest that we abandon the MIME standards here.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.