[Evolution] Re: Fsck'd Japanese fonts in 1.2

Hi! I finally managed to have Evolution 1.2 display Japanese fonts
properly!

Straight to the point...
Choose the following font: mincho(misc) or mincho(kappa) and use the
jisX0213.2000-1

With these settings the messages display properly and you can use
kinput2 to input Japanese. The only thing that won't show up right are
part of the headers (the "From:", "To:" or everything that is in bold
typeface, maybe that's a hint to solve the problem?) and the summary as
a whole is a lot of gibberish. However the fonts I chose are not the
ones which are really being displayed, because mincho(misc) and
mincho(kappa) come only as 20 point size and the font displayed is 16,
maybe 14. They are the fonts I used in previous versions. Has anyone
tried to install Evolution 1.2 from scratch? I had an error the first
time I ran it since I upgraded but the window box was empty. Was I the
only one that saw this or is it common?
It hasn't got anything to do with the encoding either, because other
jisx0213.2000-1 fonts weren't displayed properly and, as I said, the
fonts chosen are not the ones actually used.
I think something with version 1.2 and Japanese (maybe Chinese, Korean,
or other non-Western languages) has been really messed up. I sent a
report anyway.
By the way, I'm using Debian Woody so I don't know if other distros have
the fonts specified before and I don't even know if that solution is
right for everyone. Feedback appreciated.

Cheers.

--
Alfonso Muñoz-Pomer Fuentes <etinarcadiaego terra es>