[Evolution] Cannot initialize the Ximian Evolution shell: configuration database not found

I built Evolution 1.2 from source last night, installing in a non-standard
directory.  Had been running Evolution 1.0.5 just fine.  Was able to run
the 1.2 version last night without difficult.

This morning, however, I needed to reboot my box, a Redhat 7.1 machine,
and can no longer get Evolution to come up.  I get this in my xterm window:

(Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase, not upgrading configuration.)
        IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0

evolution-shell-WARNING **: Cannot access Bonobo/ConfigDatabase on wombat: (IDL:OAF/GeneralError:1.0)

and a dialog box that says "Cannot initialize the Ximian Evolution shell: configuration database not found
[OK]".

I did some searching and found some suggestions, including "killev;oaf-slay"
which didn't help.  I also removed the evolution directory and started
over, but that didn't help.  Some have suggested libnspr4, but I don't
know that this would solve my problem since I was able to run Evolution
right up until I rebooted the box.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

     - Jeff