Re: [Evolution] Problems with LDAP to MS Exchange server in Evolution 1.2

Oh I still suspect evolution too :)

There's a bug in 1.2 (god i wish 1.2.1 would hurry up :)  where scopes
were being saved incorrectly when the ldap server is created.  The
scopes were being mapped incorrectly from the UI to the url, with "sub"
being stored as "one", and "one" being stored as "base".  Existing
servers that were created before the bug will still work fine, it only
affects ones created/editted since 1.2.

1.2.1 fixes the problem, and adds much better diagnostics about things
that go on the ldap backend, so if you built from source you can just
update the to whatever is most recent on the evolution-1-2-branch and go
with that.  If you aren't building from source and want to make sure
you're doing a "sub" search, you can killev, then (ugh, i know) hand
edit the file ~/evolution/addressbook-sources.xml.  You'll see something
like:

   <scope>one</scope>

"base" (not recommended obviously :), "one", and "sub" are legal there.

That filter seems odd too... i wonder why we're wrapping that | in a &..

hmm, strange.  I just reread your message and you said that evolution
tried to do a "sub" query?  Is this after you edited the ldap server
using the ui?

Chris