[Evolution] Problems with LDAP to MS Exchange server in Evolution 1.2

Hi, folks.

My Evolution 1.2 doesn't query an MS Exchange LDAP server.  Any queries
just hang with a "Searching...(...)" at the bottom of the main window.
Other LDAP clients can query the same server successfully, so I believe
this to be an Evolution issue.  Clicking "Show Supported Bases" in the
configuration window produces a list of possible search bases, so it is
at least talking to the server.  Changing the search base and scope have
no effect--every query just hangs, nevers times out and doesn't produce
any error.

Also, I don't seem to be able to change the search timeout from the
default of 2:30.

Is there any logging that can be enabled or any other way to tell what's
going on?  My next step is firing up a packet sniffer, I guess.

Thanks for any help, and thanks for a great program!

Matt
--
Matt Larson
VeriSign Global Registry Services