Re: [Evolution] [evo1.2] Not as peaceful as I thought (was Folder pane layout question (with imap))

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 20:36, Francois Taiani wrote:
Hum,

sorry about all the copies I sent to the list. The migration from 1.0.8
to 1.2.0 was not as peaceful as I first thought. The send/receive
component blocked each time I tried to send mails with evolution 1.2.0,
and I could not know if my mail was out or not.

Gak :-/  Not good.

(The error message on evolution closing was:

"Waiting for component to die --
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Mail_ShellComponent"

repeated ad infinitum)

Well, now I'm back with evo1.0.8 (until I can spend more time to find
out what's wrong). BTW, I tried "CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution-mail"
as I had been told when I had troubles with evo1.0.x, but apparently
that does not work any more in the new 1.2.0 version. (I could find no
evolution-mail executable, and CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 had no influence on
the console output of evolution itself.)

evolution-mail has moved to ${prefix}/libexec/evolution-mail

But apart from that, CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 should be used as usual.

As to your original problem - it wont change.  We got it wrong when we
did it the first time, and we need to show the namespace, otherwise many
valid imap folder scenarios can't work.  This way there are no problems,
and there will be no changes required when we support multiple
namespaces.