Re: [Evolution] sendmail status 67

On Wed, 2002-12-04 at 15:33, Jared Mahoney wrote:
Hello,

I am trying to use Evolution to send mail via local sendmail.  Once in a
while it works, but almost every attempt results in the following:

Error while 'Sending "":
sendmail exited with status 67: mail not sent.

I understand this means it can't parse the addresses in the message, but I
have no idea how to correct this.  There is nothing strange about the
addresses I try to use.  Any help is appreciated.

I get this when using local sendmail and sending to addresses in the
same domain as my local sendmail but which aren't actually local to my
box but are actually on my domain's hosted mailserver. I've been lazy
and not worked it out because I'm going to start hosting my own
mailserver again soon.

If this looks like your case, you might try setting up some aliases in
your /etc/aliases file to point each hosted account to the hosted mail
server. Or work out the proper sendmail config (a thing that's beyond my
abilities and interest =).

Cheers!

--j