Re: [Evolution] Namespace Again ...

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 15:32, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
Needs to be done for what reason exactly?  Bad coding?  Getting around
some other bug?  I don't understand how this NEEDS to be done in
evolution and does NOT need to be done in any other mail client out
there.  Obviously the Courier IMAP issue you mentioned must have been
solved by other mailers that do namespaces correctly, why can't
evolution also solve it?

Ok, admittedly we could work around this in some way if we wanted to,
probably by special-casing namespaces beginning with INBOX, but that's
just a waste of time. Namespaces will need to be prefixed in once IMAP
gets support for public and shared folders so not doing the namespacing
will just result in us having to break people's IMAP uri's and folder
trees later as opposed to sooner.

Really, this is like the 'n and p' versus ', and .' thing, it isn't that
big of a deal, use it a bit and you'll get used to it.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
  -- REAL Ultimate Power