Re: [Evolution] Namespace Again ...

On Thu, 2002-08-29 at 12:17, Ryan P Skadberg wrote:
I was just wondering what the current plan to get name spaces fixed in
evolution is.  The current implementation where it shows the namespace
as a sub directory in the folders list is not correct.  The namespace
should be your top level if you set it to something.  This is how it was
in evolution from 0.X until a few weeks ago in 1.1.  I do not understand
why this has changed.  I know someone said that there was some hack code
taken out, but it has yet to be replaced with good code.  What is the
current plan to do this?

It's not going to change any time soon. We have to show the namespace
for a variety of reasons -- there were serious problems on Courier
servers (people not being able to read their INBOX after certain
operations), eventual support for full IMAP namespaces
(private/public/shared), fixing folder naming ambiguity.

The bit that needs to be fixed is migration of filters, vfolders, and
some preferences, but the current way IMAP folders appear in the folder
tree is going to stay. It is a bit disconcerting at first but it is the
way it needs to be done.

Peter

--
Peter Williams     peter newton cx / peterw ximian com

"[Ninjas] are cool; and by cool, I mean totally sweet."
  -- REAL Ultimate Power