Re: [Evolution] Check for duplicate messages

Or what you could do is wait for version 1.2 as i believe (from previous
posts/answers from ximian people) that in 1.2 you can setup filters that
can run external commands.

Then you can: set a filter (on top of the list) that runs an external
command (simple perl script maybe?) that checks the message, lots its
message id and sender and possibly a checksum... and if a match already
existed in a dbm file (or the likes used by your perl script), then you
could exit with a particular exit code and get the filter to delete the
message or file it in a different place.

I can't wait till the feature comes out as i will be writing a perl
script to check the message against RBL's for spam and stuch. Fechmail
is a good solution unless you pop like 10 accounts and don't want them
all mixed up (like me :-)

simran.