From: Jeffrey Stedfast [mailto:fejj ximian com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 10:05 PM
To: Romain
Cc: evolution ximian com
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Evolution crashes when attempting to
saveattachment

Can you get a backtrace of the crash/hang in the evolution-mail process?

There are instructions somewhere on http://support.ximian.com, just
search for "backtrace" in the knowledgebase.

Jeff

On Tue, 2002-08-20 at 15:43, Romain wrote:
Well, it's all pretty much in the topic.
Version : evolution-1.0.8-1.ximian
Attachments : any, either from freshly received mail or
converted database.
Action : Clicking on the attachment and chosing Save to Disk
... Please note
that I didn't even reach the point where one can usually select
the target
directory.
Result : Evolution freezes, soon propagating to X too ... by
then I had to
use the SysRq and tErm all processes to regain access to a console.

Thanks for any suggestions, this is the last hitch that still
prevents me
from saying "Get off my Face" aloud to Ms Outlook ... and I'm
very eager :o)

Regards,
Romain Riviere