Re: [Evolution] Sticky locale setting

On Fri, 2002-08-16 at 16:23, Alessio Bragadini wrote:

All my apps are now in english again, BUT evolution isn't.

I have searched by evolution folder, but I can't figure out where that
mangled setting may persist. Any hints?

After exiting the GUI of Evolution, did you run killev (or, better,
oaf-slay)? These programs keep running even after you've closed the main
application, and are reused when you restart Evolution.

Thanks, that helped. But now I wonder... should that happen? I mean, I
logged off from X between tries (gdm logins) and on again. No
user-specific processes should survive that, should they?

Another thing: I logged on again with german locale and everything's
back to german. I can now start evolution like "LC_MESSAGES=C evolution"
and everything's immediately in english. But logging off and back on
with C locale doesn't do the same for me, I have to killev and oaf-slay
(I haven't verified I really need both). I wonder what would happen if I
was another user when logging back on?

               Oliver Sturm
--
Dahlhoff IT-Solutions - Buellenkothenweg 37a - 40229 Duesseldorf
Tel.: 0211-2202821    - Fax: 0211-2202822    - http://www.dahlhoff.biz