Re: [Evolution] Evolution and SSL smtp servers

ons, 2002-08-14 kl. 17:42 skrev Not Zed:

I checked the code and it sends STARTTLS.

Hmmm ...

Thanks for the quick reply :-) Not according to Exim, it doesn't.

What distro are you using and where did you get the packages?

This is Red Hat 7.2 (mostly with the original 1.4 Gnome) but very many
libraries - including libc and libm, date April 2 2002, - are updated to
the latest possible versions and things like Openssl, Exim 4.10 and
Openldap are self-compiled, partly because of security considerations
(e.g. Openssl) and partly because of increasing features with newer
versions (Openldap/Berkeley BDB 4.0 and Exim). Old stuff that was
originally compiled against old libraries has been recompiled against
the new ones.

Evo 1.0.8-99 was downloaded from Zeeland.net in Holland and has the date
July 1 2002, so no problem with lic or libm there.

You might also try 1.1.x, no more bugs in 1.0.8 will be fixed.

Seems a good idea. I'll not complain any more until I have. I'd rather
use Red Hat rpms, but I don't see them advertized.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw

The usefulness of RTFM is vastly overrated.

e-post:         tonni billy demon nl
www:            http://www.billy.demon.nl
gpg public key: http://www.billy.demon.nl/tonni.armor

Telefoon:       (+31) (0)172 530428
Mobiel:         (+31) (0)6 51153356

GPG Fingerprint = 3924 6BF8 A755 DE1A 4AD6 FA2B F7D7 6051 3BE7 B981
3BE7B981