[Evolution] Spell checking in Evolution using wrong language

Hi,

I'm currently running evolution-1.0.8-1.ximian.1.i386.rpm on RH 7.3 &
I have noticed (ok, my spelling is that rubbish, that someone else
pointed it out) that all my spelling corrections are in American, when
they should be in English or British ( I reside in the united kingdom).

The environment variable $LANG = en_GB.UTF.8 and on individual mails the
properties are listed as 'en' for the spelling.
The OS was installed English/British (not sure what the installer asks
for, but its one of those two)

After some reading of man pages and web searching , I have found that
gnome-spell (which evo uses) uses aspell for it checking.

So as a test I ran aspell (manually from the command line) on some words
that I know have been spell checked as American and it corrects them
correctly and only offers British suggestions.

Is there a way that I can override evo at all?

Mark
--
---
To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism;