Re: [Evolution] Memory Usage

On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 23:43, Enver ALTIN wrote:
On Thu, 2002-08-08 at 16:50, Ed wrote:
Here's a snapshot from top.  Is it just me, or is this a HUGE amount of
memory.  I've only got one instance of evo started, so why the massive
hit to RAM?  Why six processes?  Oh, don't get me wrong, I LOVE THIS

No, it's not just you. It's evolution using POSIX threads to achieve
multitasking in a single process. POSIX threads are implemented using
clone() call and most utilities like top and ps can't handle or display
process threads right.

Actually it's just one process with a few threads and it actually does
not consume that much memory.

19Mb isn't "that much memory"!?