Re: [Evolution] Filtering incomming messages with IMAP mailbox

 I've switched to from POP to IMAP over the past day, and the one
difference that is really annoying that I haven't been able to figure
out so far is when I get new mail, it all goes to the INBOX, and only
after I click on the INBOX does all the mail get sorted based on my
filters.

That's because that is where your SERVER delivers the mail. In IMAP
land, you are only able to ever have a single folder open at a time and
so we cannot filter INBOX when you are reading MyOtherFolder.

Nah. The current behavior is gratuitously annoying: you see "INBOX (3)" in the folder tree or shortcut bar, and then you have to click on INBOX and it moves the messages. If Evo knows you have three messages in your inbox, it should filter them right away. There's a bug filed about this already.

-- Dan