Re: [Evolution] Delete from server when expunged in client...

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 23:25, Nick Jennings wrote:

I've used IMAP in the past, and I like it. However, It's been my
experience that things get really slow when pulling up messages..
I'd like to ask how the client behaves under "disconnected" mode?
Can you still read messages etc. when you cannot access the mailserver?

In the 1.0.x series of Evolution, there is a "Work Offline" button, but
I've never used it.  I believe that in the soon-to-be released (in a few
months anyway) 1.2, you can do this more easily.  I'm sure those on the
list who have more experience than me in this regard could offer some
input.

Also, another question is.. since I'm already using POP, how do I switch
my email account to IMAP with the folder layout I have already created?
Or do I have to start over?

It depends on the setup.  Does your provider use IMAP? Since POP only
supports one folder (your inbox), if your ISP supports IMAP, it is
likely all you'd have to do is change the protocol type in your
configuration to be IMAP rather than POP.

Regards,

--
Brian