Re: [Evolution] Trouble with SSL IMAP
- From: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
- To: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- Cc: "Lukasz A. Weber" <lukasz interdimensions com>, Chris Tooley <ctooley amoa org>, evolution ximian com
- Subject: Re: [Evolution] Trouble with SSL IMAP
- Date: 22 Apr 2002 22:34:02 -0400
Anything's possible I guess, but I would think that this would be
happening to a lot more people (ie, more than 1) if it was a bug in the
connect code, right?
Then again, we thought that for other problems too...
On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 21:28, Not Zed wrote:
On Tue, 2002-04-23 at 07:09, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
"Resource temporarily unavalable" means "Resource temporarily
unavalable", ie the server cannot be looked up or connected to or
Suggests to me that it has nothing to do with evolution.
Could it be related to the connect code though?
Esp if it never works, but only with runtime changes which force a
On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 11:03, Lukasz A. Weber wrote:
It's a UofW IMAP, supporting IMAP4, including the imap-ssl package.
In other words, plain text passwords over SSL. I have gotten
evolution-mail to dump debug information about it's interaction with the
server, unfortunately I can't send that right now. However, no debug
information is printed when I get the alerts I've mentioned in my first
e-mail. Thus, probably no IMAP transactions occur during this time?
On 22 Apr 2002, Chris Tooley wrote:
Do you know what type of IMAP server you are connecting to?
On Mon, 2002-04-22 at 00:54, Lukasz A. Weber wrote:
I've installed the latest Evo snapshot
1.0.4-snap.ximian.200204190601. However, I had this problem with 1.0.3
stable release as well.
When I start Evo, an alert pops up with the following text:
Error while 'Scanning folders in "IMAP server ...."':
Could not connect to .... (port 993): Resource temporarily unavailable
And so everytime I press the Send/Receive button. However, I get around
this message if:
1. I edit my mail account and switch authentication types from Password to
CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5.
2. Try to Send/Receive again
3. I get an Error dialog that says, Error while 'Opening store
Could not connect to .... (port 993): Resource temporarily unavailable.
4. Edit my mail account and switch the authentication type back to
5. Things work until I exit from Evo.
Next time I start Evo, I have to go through these steps again to get my
mail. What's going on?
Lukasz A. Weber
P.S. I'm running RH 7.2 vanilla installation with the kernel updated to
2.4.9-31 and vanilla installation of Gnome (i.e. not Ximian). I installed
Evo through Red Carpet.
evolution maillist - evolution ximian com
] [Thread Prev