Re: [Evolution] Bogus time

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 19:21, Jeremy Prior wrote:
On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 11:23, Alessio Bragadini wrote:
On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 12:15, Jeremy Prior wrote:

Why does evolution think I'm running 2 hours ahead of GMT when I'm only
running 1?

Any ideas?

Did you start Evo before or after the DST change ten days ago?Maybe
that information is cached...

I started it this morning.  This is on a laptop that I carry to/from
work every day, and so I quit and restart evolution each time.

My copy of Evo did it fine (from +2 to +3) but I routinely switch it off
during weekends.

I've just been through my "Sent" folder and it's being doing this since
April 1st!  Our DST switch was Mar 31st (but then I didn't send any
email on Sunday :-) so this may well be connected.  Before that, it was
getting the date correct (GMT +0000).

Why would Evo being doing its own DST conversion?

It normally needs to do it.  The timezone on mails i've sent switched
correctly from daylight savings to non dst a few weeks ago.

We need to do it because we use the absolute time (with no timezone
offset), and calculate the offset based on the timezone, which doesn't
include the dst info.  *however* the code path is different for BSD vs
linux from what I can tell, and its probably using a value that isn't
equivalent.

What does 'man localtime' have to say about the tm_gmtoff field of
struct tm?