[Evolution] Borken IMAP server (exchange) support..

It must be my day to whine, but the first whine netted a solution, so..

What's the intent with regard to 'borken' IMAP servers (specifically
Exchange). I suspect that there are some issues with it (like not
supporting multiple sessions for the same user or something - the biff
and evolution issue). I also am beginning to suspect that the fact that
I can't seem to get new mail without exiting and restarting Evolution is
another Exchange 'feature'. At least I'm much more likely to blame
Exchange than Evolution at this point. There seem to be enough stories
of users of other IMAP servers to hint that it's not the app at fault at
least.

Are there a significant number of people who use Evolution and Exchange
happily ? Is Exchange as bad as I'm beginning to suspect it is ? Or is
it  just me with these problems ?

Will Evolution ever work-around these problems or am I SOL ?
Will I ever stop ending sentences with question-marks ?

        Thanks again,

        John A.