[Evolution] Only get 4 actions?

Hi.
 Evo has a status bar at the bottom of the window.  When I delete mail
from a folder or vfolder the status bar says:

Storing folder 'foldername' (...)

Some times  its (100% complete) instead of (...)

The messsage never goes away, then I do something else and get another
message (it could be the same, ir might be REfrewsshing or fetching etc)

Once I have 4 of these messagfes in thje status bar evo is near
useless.  I can compose, I can browse some mails, but not in the folders
that I have used already and I cant get new mail.  I can cloes it down,
but then have to do a killev otherwise it frezzes on teh splash
screen...

--

  Rob Brown-Bayliss