Re: [Evolution] Contact from LDAP database

Hmm, this is undoubtedly the result of a bug fix I put in last night -
instead of flagging entries, text widgets, date widgets, combo boxes,
etc. as insensitive, we flag them as uneditable.  This way you can still
highlight the text in the field.  you just can't change them.  But the
conditions under which this happens haven't changed.  They should only
be uneditable where they would have normally been insensitive.

I've verified this by using my test server here -- by authenticating
(after which the supported fields are editable) and also by hitting
cancel on the password dialog (after which the fields aren't editable.)

I'll take a look though.. maybe I screwed something up.

by the way, the only thing that evolution presently looks at when
determining if you have write permission on a server is whether you've
authenticated.  So, if you've authenticated successfully, evolution
assumes you have write access anywhere on the server (which is wrong in
many situations, of course, but getting Permission Denied errors in some
conditions is better than not being able to edit anything.)

Chris