[Evolution] Contact from LDAP database

I want to report few problems that I have with the contact component of
a LDAP database.

I created a private LDAP database with write priviledge granted to all
(testing purposes). I can access, add and modify records from any shell
prompt. I can also access contacts from that database directly from
evolution.

But when trying to modify a contact, most fields are disabled. Only the
name, organization, location, fileAs fields, web page address and
everything on the details page can be modifyied as the fields are not
grayed out. Interestingly I can change the name, but when I press the
fullname button, all the fields are disabled in the resulting popup
dialog.