Re: [Evolution] Slow and where's documentation

The documentation isn't building properly in the nightly builds, I'm afraid. You can find it in the Evolution source code, or on my website (http://primates.ximian.com/~aaron/evolution-guide/). although the one on my web page isn't always as up to date as it could be, I'm afraid.

The slowness could be a result of stray processes that are left behind due to refcounting issues.  Try running killev at the command line to terminate stray Evolution processes.  You can also run oaf-slay, which is somewhat extreme (it will interfere with Nautilus and the Palm Pilot tools as well as Evolution) but which resets all object activation framework components.

Try that and see if the performance improves; if it doesn't, consider filing a bug at http://bugzilla.ximian.com.

Yours,
Aaron Weber
Ximian, Inc.