Re: [Evolution] no success upgrading from *mdk* evo 0.12 to 0.13

On Fri, 2001-09-07 at 20:03, Rocky Hetherington wrote:
On Fri, 2001-09-07 at 18:36, Frederic Crozat wrote:

And for any problem cooker related, please use cooker mailing list.

I mistakenly sent this to the OP instead of the list (as this list
doesn't seem to set the reply-to headers to itself - irratating), and
then deleted the original post (hence my replying to this one instead).

thanks, liboaf0-0.6.6-3mdk.i586.rpm solved the problem.

Its a pitty that we have fine-grained major & minor-release
dependency-controls for rpm packages that the people at mdk obviously
leave unused sometimes, but thats what the "cooking" means. (though in
general mdk is certainly one of the best distributions for keeping up
with the newest stuff, in order not to be unfair ;-).

greets

udo

------ problem starting 0.13 -------
I just had much the same problem.

What you need to do is make sure you also have the
liboaf0-0.6.6-3mdk.i586.rpm installed.

The version available when Evolution 0.12 became available was a
snapshot.  0.13 doesn't give errors when installing if you have the
snapshot installed, but it just wont work.

I've just installed the new liboafs and Evolution 0.13 now starts fine.
--
When We were Cursed We versed ourselves in The Tidals
When We were Bound We found ropes reached The Sky