[Evolution] running multiple evolutions

hello.
i'm trying to run 2 copies of evolution on 1 machine (1 copy under
my userid and another copy (going to the same X display) from another
userid). when i start evolution from userid #2 (the user who doesn't
own the X session) executive-summary crashes right after the splash
screen. is this a known issue? any suggestions as to something stale
i might have lying around? this started when i upgraded to the 10.
15 snapshot (i don't know the exact snapshot it was introduced).
i've since upgraded to the 10.18 snapshot and it still happens. i
hope this is just me having some stale file in /tmp/blah or something.

thanks.
nall.